Gateway to the Brecon Beacons
Merthyr Tydfil, located in a spectacular setting on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park is an ideal short breaks centre. Blessed with a wealth of heritage sites, beautiful countryside and a host of outdoor and leisure pursuits, it has something to offer everyone:
- A variety of quality accommodation to suit all pockets and tastes
- Superb attractions such as Cyfarthfa Castle Museum and Art Gallery (where you can trace the area's history through the Industrial Revolution back to the Norman Marcher lords and into the time of the Roman occupation) or Brecon Mountain Railway (one of the great little trains of Wales).
- Cycling, walking, climbing and a range of other leisure pursuits, all within the County Borough, including Europe's largest indoor climbing centre.
- A programme of events and entertainment throughout the year, including The Merthyr Tydfil Heritage Festival (July), Merthyr Show (August Bank Holiday Monday) and the Tydfil Arts Festival (October).
- Merthyr Tydfil is also an ideal base for visiting the rest of South and Mid Wales. It's less that half an hour drive from Cardiff, Brecon and Abergavenny and within three quarters of an hours drive of Cardiff International Airport, Swansea and the Mumbles.
- National Enquiries:
- +44 345 484 950
- Cardiff International Airport
- +44 1222 711 111
Tourist Information Numbers
Address: 14a Glebeland Street
Telephone Number: +44 (0)1685 379 884
Fax Number: +44 (0)1685 350 043
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Scott Reid
Telephone Number: +44 1685 723 112
If you like this, Share it
This page visited 10997 times since 28th April 2009
Previous destinations of the month:
Starry Starry Night, Look You – Dark Skies Tourism, South Wales | Mills and Hills in Central Lancashire, Lancashire | Get Fit on the North York Moors, North Yorkshire | A West Country Christmas – Dorset in December, Dorset | Nottinghamshire – Rural and Urban, Nottinghamshire | The Test Valley, Hampshire | Ashdown Forest, Sussex | The Rugged Northumberland Coast , Northumberland | The Resorts of North Devon, Devon | The Queen's London, London | Denbighshire , North Wales | York and Its Surrounds, North Yorkshire | The High Weald of Kent, Kent | Leisure, Luxury and Retail Heaven in Leeds , West Yorkshire | Rejuvenate Yourself in Rejuvenated Belfast , Belfast | Seasonal Fun in Brum, West Midlands | Autumn in the Southern Chilterns, Buckinghamshire | Cheshire Peaks and Plains, Cheshire | Essex’s Colne Valley, Essex | Cardigan Bay, West Wales | South Wales Valleys, South Wales | Highland Perthshire, Perthshire | South Downs National Park, Sussex | Royal Wedding London, London | Vale of Belvoir, Leicestershire | The Oxfordshire Cotswolds, Oxfordshire | Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire | Edinburgh at Christmas, Edinburgh and the Lothians | Marvellous Manchester, Greater Manchester | The National Forest, Derbyshire | East Lothian, Edinburgh and the Lothians | Regency Brighton and Hove, Sussex | Isle of Purbeck, Dorset | The Somerset Levels, Somerset | Llandudno, North Wales | Hereford, Herefordshire | Cheltenham, Gloucestershire | Bristol, the Great West City, Bristol | Weardale, County Durham | Festive London, London | Islay, Isle of Islay | Blackpool and the Lancashire Coast, Lancashire | The Vale of Evesham, Worcestershire | Land of the Prince Bishops, County Durham | The North Cornwall Coast, Cornwall | Torbay, Devon | Dumfries & Galloway, Dumfries and Galloway | West Highland Way, Argyll | Caithness and Sutherland, Highlands | Harrogate & its Surrounds, North Yorkshire | Sheffield, South Yorkshire