B and Bs in Thompson
College Farm and Thompson Church were built in 1349, the former to house the 5 priests who looked after the church and the village. The college was dissolved by Henry VIII in the 16th century when it became a manor house, and in the 19th century a farm. Later it fell into disrepair and was nearly derelict when the present owner acquired it in 1975. It is now restored with all modern conveniences without losing any of its historical charm.
A delicious breakfast is served in the beautiful panelled dining room and other meals are available at the 400 year old thatched Chequers pub in the village.
The house is well off the road on the edge of a rural village, surrounded by countryside and mature trees. There is a three acre garden which guests are welcome to use. Ample car parking - ideal for touring East Anglia.
Number of Rooms: 3
Number Ensuite: 2
Price per PersonDouble: £35 - £40
Twin: £35 - £40
Single: £35 - £40
For an instant Currency convertor Click here
Children Welcome - over 7
Special Diets Catered For
Open All Year
Building of Historic Interest
TV in Rooms
This page viewed on 10,907 occasions since Oct 16th 2005