Attraction in Blackburn
Blackburn Museum now offers a lively programme of exhibitions and events for all.
After a £500 000 refurbishment the Museum re-opened three major new galleries highlighting the best of Blackburnís outstanding collections.
- The new Hart Gallery contains displays from our outstanding collections of medieval and Persian illuminated manuscripts, coins, Japanese art and icons.
- The Explorer's Gallery contains a separate classroom space, displays and interactives focusing on art from around the world, including Peruvian ceramics, indigenous American art, Maori artefacts and much more.
- The family-friendly displays in the new Skill & Labour Gallery feature touch-screen and hands-on interactives, specially commissioned craft pieces by Lucy Casson and an amazing wealth of local material much of which has not been displayed before.
- Superb collection of Victorian oils and watercolours
- Award-winning South Asian Gallery
- Lively and varied temporary exhibitions
Nearest UK Airport: Manchester
Months Open: Tues - Sat
Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day
Groups/Parties Welcome: Yes
Admission Price: Free
Gift Shop: Yes
More Attractions nearby
This page viewed on 6,942 occasions since Oct 16th 2005