B and Bs in Ferndown
Smugglers Cottage was originally built in 1540 and many of the beams are from the timbers of a Spanish Galleon wrecked at St Alban's Head. The curving beams of the drawing room are the old ships plumbline and because of the salt absorbed from the sea all those many years ago, the wood is now as hard as ebony. The 400 year old cottage derived its name from being for many years the only dwelling house on the heath and woodland and in consequence a natural way station fro smugglers who landed their contraband at Poole Harbour or nearby, and wished to make their way inland. Here in the comfortable, well concealed building they would sort and share, quarrel and fight, drink and laugh without detection. Smugglers Cottage has been a bed and breakfast of sorts since the early 1930's and offers comfortable accommodation with freshly cooked breakfast from locally sourced suppliers, free WIFI and car parking facilities.
Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
No Smoking Rooms
TV in Rooms
This page viewed on 1,836 occasions since 23rd January 2012