Inns in Alyth
Originally built as a Coaching Inn, and as the Village's principal Coffee House, by James Sandy in 1772, the Alyth Hotel sits in the Market Square of the picturesqe Highland Village of Alyth, just North of Blairgowrie. Situated above the fertile Strathmore Glen, the hotel is the ideal centre from which to tour the beauty spots of Perthshire, Angus and the Grampian Highlands. The attractive and peaceful location make the hotel great as a relaxing base for an activity holiday, for a peaceful or romantic break, or as a rural retreat for small 'brainstorming' meetings. There are 12 spacious en-suite bedrooms, all of which can accommodate a minimum of two people, and a maximum of six. All rooms have coffee and tea making facilities, colour televisions and trouser presses. There are two small meeting rooms. The James Sandy Restaurant offers a true taste of Scotland, and uses only the finest and freshest local produce to create a menu of authentic local and national specialities. The Falconer's Lounge Bar offers a good range of beers, spirits and wines, as well as a selection of over 30 malt and single malt whiskies, and the next door Public Bar offers guests the chance to mix with local people, and to play a game of dartrs, pool, or to enjoy sporting events on the High Definition TV with Sky salellite channels.
This page viewed on 2,772 occasions since 10th June 2008
On this day: