Attraction in Scholar Green
The Wilbraham family have lived at Rode since 1669; the present house was constructed in two stages, the earlier two storey wing and stable block around 1705 and the main building in 1752. The house contains many fine examples of furniture by Gillow of Lancaster, an excellent collection of portraits and an important collection of English porcelain. Rode stands in a Repton landscape and the extensive gardens include a woodland garden with terraced rock garden and grotto. The formal rose garden was designed by Nesfield in 1860 and there is a two acre walled kitchen garden and an ice house in the park.
The garden is open for
Snowdrop Walks 8 February - 16 March daily (except Mondays) 12-4pm
Summer Opening 1 April - 25 Sep Tues-Thurs 12-5pm & House Wed only 2-5pm
This page viewed on 2,730 occasions since 25th October 2007